The Bell Tree Tavern in downtown Southern Pines draws its inspiration from the taverns of yesteryear. A black awning hangs over a heavy wooden door punctuated by a cast-iron door knob. Inside, polished hardwood floors, an exposed brick wall, a high-top dark wooden bar and ornamental chestnut-colored ceilings add to the old-school ambience. The tavern’s name carries historical significance, too. As the story goes, thirsty travelers in search of a libation would ring a bell inside a hollowed tree to signal that they wanted a swig of moonshine. Moonshiners used this method as a way of avoiding capture. Visit The Bell Tree and maybe you’ll hear the whole story.
Come downtown to The Bell Tree Tavern 7 nights a week for drink specials.
- 24 Drafts on Tap (Spotlighting NC Beers)
- Best Bourbon selection in Moore County
- Live Music every weekend
- Outside Bar on our beautiful patio
- American Outlaws Bar for Moore County
- Home of Moore County Browns Backers
- Sponsor of the AC Sandhills Golf Tourney